by Jennifer Ockerlander
I really look forward to working with the children in the atrium every week. The children know the routine and are getting more and more comfortable there.
After a short time with everyone at the prayer table, the catechists dismiss the children one by one to go chose a work. I love to see which works each child chooses.
One little boy loves to help dust the atrium and tend to the plants. His eyes lit up when I presented him the work of polishing brass. A younger girl is very content to string beads and spoon shells. Another boy really likes the cutting exercises.
It is so beautiful to see each of these children so quiet and thoughtful, deep in their works. This is all leading them to be able to enter contemplate prayer and meet the Good Shepherd at their level.
When all the children are working in the atrium, there is a sense of content and quiet joy that is palpable. It is truly a wonder!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.